Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Galatians 4:8-20


“If you’re lost in the wilderness and travelling in circles,
it really doesn’t matter how much ground you cover each day!”

- Anonymous

I. Pastor Paul’s Vulnerability

Galatians 4:11 – “I fear for you...”

Galatians 4:8-9 – “Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God – or rather are known by God – how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles?

Paul’s Pastoral Question: Why do you want to go back to ignorance when you’ve had intimacy with God?

II. Pastor Paul’s Plea

Galatians 4:12 – “I plead with you, brothers, become like me, for I became like you.

Galatians 4:15-16 – “What has happened to all your joy? I can testify that, if you could have done so, you would have torn out your eyes and given them to me. Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Point: The Truth that once set them free is now going to be their Judge.

III. Pastor Paul’s Release (vs. 17-20)

Galatians 4:19 – “My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you...”

Galatians 4:17-18 – “Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you, so that you may be zealous for them. It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always and not just when I am with you.

** The Judaizers...

• They are up to no good

v. 17a - “Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good.”

• They are trying permanently drive a wedge between you and God.

v. 17b – “What they want is to alienate you, so that you may be zealous for them.

“Alienate” = image of locking a dead bolt on the door.

** So his word of Release is:

Galatians 4:18- It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always and not just when I am with you.

Point: “If a thousand people believe in a stupid idea...it’s still a stupid idea.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Truth?

Faith Fellowship Boca · Truth ** Truth must come  first ...   . ..Truth inspires  Reason  and  Faith  which produce sound  Belief .   3 Con...