Saturday, December 11, 2021

Galatians 6:6-18


Galatians 6:6-18

Galatians 6:7 – “Do not be deceived...” 

3 Deceptions of Sin

Deception 1 – God can be fooled.

Galatians 6:7b – “God cannot be mocked.

Truth: Sin convinces us that we are the exception.

Max Anders – “Disregarding God’s counsel, we will always suffer. Each of us by our thoughts, attitudes, and actions is constantly planting for a future reaping.”

Application: God blesses those who trust him enough to ACT ON and REST IN his promises.

Deception 2 – I need to set my own agenda.

“It would certainly be a surprise if you planted corn and pumpkins came up.”

Point: God will reward each according to which agenda we follow.

Galatians 6:8 – “The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”

Deception 3 – Life should be easy! (vs. 9-10)

Jeremiah 12:1 - “You are always righteous, O LORD, when I bring a case before you. Yet I would speak with you about your justice: Why does the way of the wicked prosper? Why do all the faithless live at ease?”

Galatians 6:9-10 - “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Point: Following Jesus can be brutally difficult.


The Final Encouragements (vs. 12-17)

Encouragement 1 – Don’t let anyone influence your life...except Jesus. (vs. 12-13)

Galatians 6:12 – “Those who want to make a good impression outwardly are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ.

Point: Life is not about making a good impression. Encouragement 2 – Jesus is your only Security. (vs. 14-15)

Galatians 6:14-15 – “May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation.”

Point: Our security is centered solely in the Cross.

Galatians 2:20 – “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

Encouragement 3 – Proudly bear the marks of Jesus.

Galatians 6:17 – “Finally, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.

Point: Whatever the consequences you bear for following Jesus, wear it proudly.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Truth?

Faith Fellowship Boca · Truth ** Truth must come  first ...   . ..Truth inspires  Reason  and  Faith  which produce sound  Belief .   3 Con...