Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Maximizing your Abilities

“Maximizing your Abilities”

1 Corinthians 12:1-7


“A spiritual gift is any ability that is empowered by the Holy Spirit 

and used in any ministry of the church.”

Dr. Wayne Grudem


I. God’s Purpose for your Abilities

Purpose 1 – You are gifted so others can experience God’s grace.

1 Corinthians 12:4 - “Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.” 

“Gifts” = “Things of Grace

Point: Abilities are proof of God’s favor in our lives.

Purpose 2 – You are gifted so the church can be relevant.

1 Corinthians 12:5 - “There are varieties of services, but the same Lord.” 

“Services” originally from someone who waits on tables

Point: Abilities enable us to accomplish practical needs in life.

Purpose 3 – You are gifted for God’s Intervention.

1 Corinthians 12:6 - “There are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone.”

“Activities” = Supernatural Operations.

Point: An infusion of God’s power transforms human activity into divine intervention.

Purpose 4 – You are gifted so no Christian is unprotected.

1 Corinthians 12:7 - “To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.” 

“Common Good” originally meant one who accompanies.

Point: God uses our abilities to benefit everyone.

page1image48554240

II. My Pledges to Maximize My Abilities 

Pledge #1 – I will discover the abilities God has given me. 

1 Corinthians 12:1 – “Now concerning spiritual gifts, brothers, I do not want you to be uninformed.”

Suggestion: Take a spiritual gifts inventory.

Pledge #2 - I will share God’s favor with others.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 - “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” (NIV)

Personal Question: Do I care enough about others to share God’s favor?

Pledge #3 - I will utilize my total self to serve God.

S = Spiritual Gifts.

H = Heart (i.e.: Passion) 

A = Abilities.

P = Personalities.

E = Experiences.

1 Timothy 1:12 - “How thankful I am to Christ Jesus our Lord for considering me trustworthy and appointing me to serve him.” (NLT)

Personal Question: Will I do my part?


NOTE: We are sorry that there is no audio recording of this message. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Truth?

Faith Fellowship Boca · Truth ** Truth must come  first ...   . ..Truth inspires  Reason  and  Faith  which produce sound  Belief .   3 Con...