Sunday, February 27, 2022

Maximizing your Calling



“Maximizing your Calling”

Exodus 3 & 4

For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

Romans 11:29


I. Excuses to Answering God’s Call

Excuse #1 - I don’t have the time.

Exodus 3:1 – “Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian...”

Exodus 3:2b-3 – “Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. So Moses thought, ‘I will go over and see this strange sight – why the bush does not burn up.’”

Point: God’s timing is not predictable, but it is perfect.

Excuse #2- “I don’t have the answers.”

Exodus 3:13 - But Moses said to God, "If I come to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your ancestors has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' what shall I say to them?"

Point: We have enough of the right answers to point people to God. 

Excuse #3 - “I don’t have enough faith.”

Exodus 4:1 - Then Moses answered, “But suppose they do not believe me or listen to me, but say, ‘The LORD did not appear to you.’”

Note: We get so paralyzed by the “what ifs” of our insecurities instead of the “what ares” of God’s promises.

Excuse #4 - “I don’t have the right abilities.”

Exodus 4:10 - But Moses said to the LORD, "O my Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor even now that you have spoken to your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue."

Point: The question is NOT, “Why would God use me?” It is, “Why not?”


II. Strides toward Maximizing your Calling

Stride #1 - Quit Resisting...you are called.

Acts 7:51 - "You stubborn people! Must you forever resist the Holy Spirit? But your ancestors did, and so do you!” (NLT)

Elton Trueblood - “If you are a Christian, then you are a minister. A non-ministering Christian is a contradiction in terms.”

1 Peter 4:16 - “But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his wonderful name!” (NLT)

Point: To Maximize your Calling, say the 3 Words God Waits to Hear from Us - Here I Am.

Exodus 3:4 - “When the LORD saw that he had caught Moses’ attention, God called to him from the bush, ‘Moses! Moses!’ ‘Here I am!’ Moses replied.” (NLT)

Isaiah 6:8 - “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’”

Stride #2 - Quicken your Response.

Quote: “The higher a man's call and vision, the more choices are given him. This is our work in creation: to decide.” (Unknown)

Ephesians 6:7 - “Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord, not men.” (NIV)

Point: There is a certain unique joy that comes in responsiveness.

Stride #3 – Draw strength and comfort in God’s plan.

Chronicles 20:12 - “O God, will you not judge them? For we have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you.” (NIV)

2 Corinthians 12:9 – “God said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’” (NIV)

Point: Excuses are only testimonies of our self-acknowledged impotence.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Truth?

Faith Fellowship Boca · Truth ** Truth must come  first ...   . ..Truth inspires  Reason  and  Faith  which produce sound  Belief .   3 Con...