Saturday, March 5, 2022

Maximizing your Resources

“Maximizing your Resources”

2 Corinthians 9:6-15

I. Three Models of Managing your Resources

A. The Secular Model

 Personal Philosophy: I give what I can afford. Underlying Motivation: My benefit.

James 5:1,3 - “Look here, you rich people, weep and groan with anguish because of all the terrible troubles ahead of you. The very wealth you were counting on will eat away your flesh in hell. This treasure you have accumulated will stand as evidence against you on the day of judgment.” (NLT)

Proverbs 11:24 – “One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty.”

B. The Old Testament Model

 

Malachi 3:10 - “Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and thus put me to the test, says the LORD of hosts; see if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you an overflowing blessing.”

 Personal Philosophy:  God deserves my first fruits.

 

Underlying Motivation: Obedience to God


C. The New Testament Model

 

                                                                                                 

Personal Philosophy:  I cannot out-give God.   

 

2 Corinthians 9:8 - “God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.”

 

Presupposition:  The Old Testament Model is only the beginning.

 

Underlying Motivation: Faith in God’s ability to provide…and love for others.

 

II. The Benefits of Maximizing your Resources 

Benefit #1 - Needs are met.

2 Corinthians 9:12 - “So two good things will happen – the needs of the Christians in Jerusalem will be met,...” (NLT)

Benefit #2 - God is glorified.

2 Corinthians 9:12 -“...and they will joyfully express their thanksgiving to God. (NLT)

Benefit #3 – You will be blessed in unexpected ways.

2 Corinthians 9:11 – “Yes, you will be enriched in every way so that you can always be generous.” (NLT) 

Proverbs 11:25 – “A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.” 

Proverbs 22:9 – “A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.”

2 Essential Questions:

1. If you follow the Secular Model, who exempted you? 

2. How much of a “Kingdom” impact do I want to have?


For Discussion and Meditation

  1. The Model I follow is...
    The Model I’d like to achieve is...

  2. To make it to my desired model I will...

  3. The hardest part of trusting God with ALL of my resources is...

  4. The impact I would like to make for the “Kingdom” is...

  5. To make this impact, with the help of God, I will...





No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Truth?

Faith Fellowship Boca · Truth ** Truth must come  first ...   . ..Truth inspires  Reason  and  Faith  which produce sound  Belief .   3 Con...