Saturday, May 28, 2022

Essentials of Deeper Love - "Deeper Love" Series, Week 1


“We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.”

- 1 John 4:16 (NLT)

If anyone says, I love God,’ yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.
- 1 John 4:20

Point: For God, Love is not a choice...it is Who he Is.

Application: As Central as Love is to the very Core of God, without his love, we have no Core or Center.

4 Essentials about Deeper Love 

Essential #1 - If God’s love is absent from my life... nothing I say will matter.

** In a real way, eloquence and intellectualism without love is deceptive noise.

1 Corinthians 13:1 – “If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.”

Essential #2 – If God’s love is absent from my life... nothing I know will matter.

** In a real way, worldly knowledge without love is a shaky foundation.

1 Corinthians 13:2a - If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge...but have not love, I am nothing.

Essential #3 – If God’s love is absent from my life... nothing I believe will matter.

** In a real way, faith without love is a fleeting security.

1 Corinthians 13:2b - “If I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.”

Essential #4 – If God’s love is absent from my life...nothing I donate will matter.

** In a real way, sacrifice without love is a self-serving mirage.

1 Corinthians 13:3a - If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.”

1 Corinthians 13:13 – “Now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.” Application: Love is life’s greatest pursuit. page2image62925888 page2image62930112

“Perfect Love” Scorecard

** On a scale of 1-5 (5 = best), rate your “love” practices for each of the 16 characteristics of Love mentioned in 1 Corinthians 13

1 = “Not in my Playbook”
2 = “Seldom...but I know I should
3 = “Happens about 50/50”
4 = “I’m Good but occasionally falter”
5 = “This is a Strength” 

Love’s Characteristic

How I Score Myself

“Mystery” Score

(to be explained)

Patient

 

 

Kind

 

 

Does not Envy

 

 

Does not Boast

 

 

Not Proud

 

 

Not Rude

 

 

Not Self-Seeking

 

 

Not Easily Angered

 

 

Keeps no Record of Wrongs

 

 

Does not delight in Evil

 

 

Rejoices with the Truth

 

 

Protects

 

 

Trusts

 

 

Hopes

 

 

Perseveres

 

 

Never Fails

 

 



My 3 or 4 Highest Scores –

 


My 3 or 4 Lowest Scores – 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Truth?

Faith Fellowship Boca · Truth ** Truth must come  first ...   . ..Truth inspires  Reason  and  Faith  which produce sound  Belief .   3 Con...